The latest news from India's most respected business daily.
- Anand Sinha appointed RBI deputy governor
The government today notified the appointment of Anand Sinha, an executive director of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), as one of the deputy governors of the central bank. He has been given a two-year term.
- RBI warns against bank transactions with Iran
Perceiving a threat of money laundering and terror-financing in banking transactions with Iran, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked banks and other financial entities to be cautious in their dealings with entities and funds from the West Asian country.
- Now, ICICI customers can withdraw cash at shops
ICICI Bank, the countrys largest private sector lender, today launched cash withdrawal facility for customers at point of sale (PoS) terminals or merchant outlets.
- RBI cautions depositors against Sahara group firms
The Reserve Bank of India has warned investors against putting money in Sahara group companies deposits. In a public notice, the central bank said it had got complaints from some individuals that the Sahara group have been mobilising deposits from the public under the generic name of Sahara Pariwar and Sahara India Pariwar.
- External Commercial Borrowings (ECB) denominated in Indian Rupees (INR) - hedging facilities for non-resident entities
- StCBs/DCCBs - Deregulation of Interest Rates on NRE Deposits and NRO Accounts
- Deregulation of Interest Rates on Non-Resident (External) Rupee (NRE) Deposits and Ordinary Non-Resident (NRO) Accounts
- Secondary market transactions in Government Securities - Short Selling
- Banks' Exposure to Capital Market - Issue of Irrevocable Payment Commitments (IPCs)
Federal Bank a leading Private Sector Bank invites applications from aspiring, young, talented and dynamic personnel holding a valid score card [...]
United Bank of India invites Online application for filling up 751 Single Window Operators ‘A’ (in Clerical cadre ) posts, [...]
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) today announced an auction under open market operations (OMOs) to purchase Rs 12,000 crore [...]
A senior official of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) today said tight monetary policy alone was not responsible for [...]
The government is set to remove the legal hurdle in the entry of banks into commodity futures trading, despite the [...]
Public sector banks (PSBs) may have to set aside about Rs 14,000 crore before January 2013 as unamortised pension liabilities [...]
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has called for a complete overhaul of human resource practices at banks, especially public [...]